Sadrina's Reviews > Remembrance

Remembrance by Michelle Madow

F 50x66
Dec 31, 2011

bookshelves: released-in-2011, reviews, first-in-series

I don't usually write my own summary but it seemed necessary to do so for this book.

My summary:

Liz was, as we all know, reincarnated into the 21st century. She leads a normal life which consists of a flirty friend named Chelsea and a shaky long time relationship with Jeremy. Okay, maybe not so normal after all. All was well until Romeo came - with a new name: Drew - and got Liz's attention and heart almost immediately. And so their adventure begins. Again.

I'm sure many of you've heard of Taylor swift, right? Remember her song 'Love Story', the one about Romeo & Juliet song back in 2009? Well, Remembrance is based on the song and music video, or so I've heard.

I admit I read this book solely because of that statement. Of course when I read the blurb, I was even more intrigued. I wanted to know how the song would be like in words and with a real plot.

I had expected the book to be like a description of some sort of Love Story. That's where I was wrong. Remembrance was, in many ways, not what I had expected. At all. That itself made it more enjoyable. The storyline was twisted to make the book refreshing and not too predictable.

I loved the characters as well. It was understandable for Liz to go to Drew in the end because her relationship with Jeremy was shaky enough almost to the point nonexistent. Drew was the typical hot-and-cold guy yet there was something different in his personality that made him different from most guys. Maybe it was because he was only trying to protect Liz from experiencing the pain of betrayal and the danger that came after. After all, he thought not being with Liz could prevent it from happening. I also liked how there's a memory guide to help Liz understand her past better.

The twist at the ending was brilliant! I didn't even see it coming. I think it gave off a hint on what the second book would be about. I'm guessing that it would focus on Chelsea and Jeremy.

I liked how Remembrance was like a sequel of Love Story. While Love Story focused more into the past, Remembrance focused on the present instead. I think it sort of balances the story.

Remembrance was an amazing read, and I'll be looking forward to the second book, obviously.

Remembrance is about reincarnation, betrayal, true love, destiny, fate and friendship.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remembrance.

December 31, 2011 – Shelved