Jessica Calla's Reviews > Breakout

Breakout by A.M. Rose

BREAKOUT is an awesome, Young Adult Sci-Fi story set in a dystopian world where technology controls, humanity is scarce, and fear dominates. The main character is Lezah, an inmate in a tech-controlled prison, who is scheduled to be executed but who truly wants to survive. In a world of technology, however, escape is risky, and she's going to need a little help from her friends.

From the very start, this book jumped into the action, and like Ms. Rose's debut, ROAD TO EUGENICA, it soon proved itself to be creative and smart, and unlike anything I've ever read before. Despite the action-filled plot, the character development didn't lack as we get to know Lezah and her friends, and the pacing was quick. I loved how the characters worked together, focusing on their strengths to work as a group. There's even a little splash of romance, which in my opinion helped soften the story emotionally.

BREAKOUT is a page-turner--the kind of book that you'll read in one sitting, because you won't be able to put it down! Although this part of Lezah's story ends and is satisfying for the reader, there is a bit of a tease of the next book, which I'm looking forward to reading. Entertaining, smart, and quick-paced, with BREAKOUT, Ms. Rose is proving herself as a new master of the young adult dystopian/sci-fi genre!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakout.

September 20, 2018 – Shelved
September 20, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
May 1, 2019 – Started Reading
May 4, 2019 –
20.0% "Good read! Interested how these three will get along!"
May 9, 2019 – Finished Reading