Bailey (IB Book Blogging)'s Reviews > The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen

Dec 30, 2011

Read in February, 2012

Full of laughs and cute moments galore, THE FINE ART OF TRUTH OR DARE is one 2012 book you are for sure going to want on your keeper shelf. After reading some pretty dark and dismal books, it was just what I needed for a little uplifting. Ella's perspective is a delight to read from and I relished in all her experiences at Willing. While some instances in the story were dramatic and less than believable, Ella's wit and Alex's charm more than made up for them.

Ella is a sweet, insecure girl whose adoration with a long deceased Edward Willing is quite interesting. Her "conversations" with him speak of her subconscious feelings about the world and her place in it and give us insight into who Ella really is. Ella's interactions with Alex have so many sparks! Every time they are together the chemistry is palpable and they work so well together!

Alex is a bit of a mystery at first. With the way that Ella sees things in her life, she isn't quite sure if he is a genuine nice guy or just another arrogant and snobby Phillite. This is a contemporary romance though, so there had to be something there. And boy is there ever something!! That boy is sure to make your heart pitter patter with the way he speaks to Ella. I am in love!

I hate books where the heroine is a loner without any friends at all. This definitely isn't that kind of book, fortunately!Frankie and Sadie are Ella's two awesome friends who I am so grateful for. They truly make an impact on Ella's life and she wouldn't be the same without them.

The one thing that just rubbed me wrong about the novel is Amanda. She is so hateful and vicious to Ella that is was quite hard to believe. They have hardly spoken to one another, yet Amanda's words she spits out at Ella are extreme and VERY mean. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think someone would be that mean to someone they hardly ever interact with. It isn't realistic.

Besides the whole Amanda thing, I think you will definitely have a great time reading this one! The laughs are aplenty and my heart is still recovering from all of the fluttering when Alex comes on the scene! Take a chance on THE FINE ART OF TRUTH OR DARE!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare.

nick Lovely review ! :)
I agree about the Amanda part. I didn't like as her well and her personality seemed a bit too forced!