A Klue's Reviews > A Rose in the Highlands

A Rose in the Highlands by Heather McCollum

What started off as a thorn in his side blossomed into love in his heart. So became the rocky road relationship of Evelyn Worthington and Greyson Campbell, the main couple of this enemies to lovers, Scottish romantic tale by Heather McCullom. To say they had obstacles in their way would be an understatement, folks.

As Scottish laird of a castle, you can’t blame Grey for being put out that he and his people have been kicked out of their ancestral home. To make matters worse, they all could have been killed when the English almost burnt it completely to the ground with them in it. He’s determined to bide his time until the English invaders up and leave his land.

With her feisty but Pollyanna type attitude, Evelyn is just as determined to stay. She’s got a lot at stake, my fellow Scottish romance book loving friends, including dodging an unwanted marriagement arrangement should she fail at establishing a successful school in this particular castle now owned by her brother.

As usual this author’s writing flows seamlessly, and I stayed completely engaged. There is a villainous plot that slowly but surely gets revealed, which results in an explosive showdown. Just enough Scottish brogue is scripted in to feel verra authentic but not overly done. Having read and enjoyed her Highland Isles series, I expected no less and was not disappointed. Here’s to hoping you’ll feel the same.

The next book will feature Scarlett, Evelyn’s sister, who had to flee King Charles II’s court in the middle of the night. It would appear he had his sights on making her one of his many mistresses.

Title: A Rose in the Highlands, Series: Highland Roses School (Book 1), Author: Heather McCullom, Pages: 399, stand-alone but part of a series, enemies to lovers, sassy, Pollyanna type heroine, alpha laird of his clan, virgin heroine who wants to educate women, one OW wants him, no love triangle, no cheating, OM trying to marry her she does not want, some violence, villainous plot afoot, some steamy scenes.

Book 1 - A Rose in the Highlands
Book 2 - A Rose with Thorns

Romance Safety Gang: (view spoiler)

(I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was not given any payment or compensation for this review, nor is there any affiliation or relationship between this reviewer and the author/publisher/NetGalley)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rose in the Highlands.