Lisa (Bookworm Lisa)'s Reviews > Creating Your Forever Family: How to Incorporate Family Proclamation Principles in Your Home

Creating Your Forever Family by Rachel A. Sullivan

bookshelves: 2018, lds, inspirational, non-fiction, religion

Creating Your Forever Family takes a closer look at nine principles found in The Family: A Proclamation to the World. The principles are: faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities.

This book does a great job at discussing how to incorporate these principles in the home and gives ideas how to help children understand them. Rachel Sullivan uses quotes from leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as well as scripture references to make her points. I found some concepts and quotes that I really needed and some that I shared with my son serving a mission.

I found this book to be uplifting and informative. I did do some skimming, so it didn't completely capture my attention. This book is written mainly for families with young children. I am past that, but felt that this book had information that could be utilized for all family dynamics.

Source: I received a complimentary copy. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creating Your Forever Family.

September 18, 2018 – Started Reading