Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Specter

Specter by Lacey Dailey

description
descriptionSo before I start gushing like a teenager at a Bieber concert, I have to say that this cover does not do this book justice at all. So please take my advice and block it from your memory...

description

I am seriously kind of speechless right now. I have been trying lately to read more books by new (or new to me) authors. Which as you all know can be a bit of a gamble. But this book...was just...gaah. I literally have no words to describe how excellent this book was. There wasn't a lick of sex in it. The hero was a giant redheaded nerdy introvert covered in freckles. I loved him. He was just amazing with Sage. Kind. Patience. Sweet. Adorably awkward. The heroine broke my heart. I wanted to wrap her in a hug. She was so very broken but strong at the same time. It was a pleasure to watch her bloom with the help of Wren (and a few others).

description

The feels...good lord the FEELS this book gave me. I spent almost the entire book with tears in my eyes. The slow build relationship between Wren and Sage was masterfully done. The secondary characters were amazing, and I hope we get to see them get stories of their own. Ace especially. The whole "hacker mystery" angle took a bit of a back seat, but it worked perfectly. I am sure since this was just book one of a series we will be getting more on that front in later books. Especially given how this book ended.

So yea, honestly, if I could give this book a gazzilion stars I would. It was simply one of THE best books I have read in a long time, and I can't wait to see what this author has up her sleeve for the CIRCUIT gang next.description

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Specter.

September 17, 2018 – Shelved
September 17, 2018 – Shelved as: oct-arcs-to-review
September 21, 2018 – Started Reading
September 26, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by Janie (new) - added it

Janie Wow sounds good. Adding this for sure.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Janie wrote: "Wow sounds good. Adding this for sure."

I was SOOOOO good! I will be fangirly this one all over the place! *lol*

message 3: by Dri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dri ✰ Fab review, hun! Sounds good! Adding it right now!! 💖💋 xoxo

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Dri wrote: "Fab review, hun! Sounds good! Adding it right now!! 💖💋 xoxo"

Thanks Doll! I hope you enjoy it as well. :D

message 5: by Maayan (new) - added it

Maayan Lovely review Eve! Sounds so good! 😍😍😍

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Maayan wrote: "Lovely review Eve! Sounds so good! 😍😍😍"

Thank you! :D

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Fab review huni ❤❤❤

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Michelle wrote: "Fab review huni ❤❤❤"

Thanks Doll! :D

message 9: by Melody (new) - added it

Melody Kimmons-Allen Great review and thanx for the heads up.I totally judge books by the cover!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Melody wrote: "Great review and thanx for the heads up.I totally judge books by the cover!"

Thank you! Ya, it is a shame the cover on this one just isn't great, and it is, unfortunately, going to turn people off an amazing book! :(

message 11: by Melody (new) - added it

Melody Kimmons-Allen I think you might of helped with that fight Eva!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Melody wrote: "I think you might of helped with that fight Eva!"

I hope so! ;D

message 13: by Natalie (new)

Natalie The Biblioholic This sounds like a beautiful story! Fab review, hon! xo

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Natalie wrote: "This sounds like a beautiful story! Fab review, hon! xo"

It really was! Thanks Doll! :D

message 15: by Aisling Zena (new) - added it

Aisling Zena Lovely review Eve! :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Aisling Zena wrote: "Lovely review Eve! :)"

Thanks Doll! :D

message 17: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Awesome Review Eve :)

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Awesome Review Eve :)"

Thank you kindly! :D