Izzy's Reviews > Look Into My Eyes

Look Into My Eyes by Lauren Child

F 50x66
Dec 30, 2011

bookshelves: kick-ass, incredibly-good, bought, awesome-characters, izzy-s-reviews

Can I firstly just commend this book for it's AWESOME front cover? I love hardbacks (however ridiculously priced they may be) and the design is really brilliant. The actual book behind the cover is white, with a green fly on it.

I've been a massive fan of Charlie and Lola and Clarice Bean ever since I was really little. My parents would read me the picture books, and then when the first CB novel came out they read it to me as well. When I read it on my own it was the first chapter book I had ever read with no help at all, and I was immensely proud of myself. I bought the second book and waited avidly for the third and last. My best friend's mother used to work in publishing and she happened to be at Lauren Child's book signing, and bought me a signed edition of Don't Look Now. I've been waiting for Ruby Redfort books to come out for ages, and I'm so glad I got it for Christmas.

It looks like a thick book - 390 pages - but the print is quite big so actually it doesn't take that long to read. It's really, really worth it though.

Ruby herself is pretty damn awesome, the other characters are mostly brilliant, the plot is really, really well thought out, the puzzles are clever (good luck trying to read Ruby and Clancy's coded messages) and the villains, though slightly over the top (but it is a children's spy novel so what do you expect?) are more or less ~chilling.

I could write pages and pages on this book, but right now I really must go and look at rubyredfort.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Look Into My Eyes.

December 30, 2011 – Started Reading
January 1, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 14, 2012 – Shelved as: izzy-s-reviews

message 1: by Leminy123 (new) - added it

Leminy123 How do u read a book because I'm new to the app so I'm not sure

Tarique Sadelleria It's an amazing book, I love the villains and heroes (technically speaking Ruby R. And Clancy and Hitch.) I always thought Ruby only had guy friends but had gal friends

Attack Salmon XD yes I almost forgotten to check out rubyredfort.com haha