Chelsea Humphrey's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

47207032

I'm not sure why, but this one took me completely by surprise. I was expecting this installment to be mainly filler to get us to the Deathly Hallows, but so much happened here that I must have forgotten from the movie. The Half-Blood prince was considerably darker than the previous 5 books, and I just adore how this series has progressed and grown just like most of its readers have. Obviously I knew what the big reveal was prior to finishing the book due to my viewing the films before, but it didn't take away from the experience the novel had to offer. I have this nervous lump in my throat knowing that the next book is the final one, but am simultaneously excited to finally read what the films surely have left out surrounding the conclusion of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

September 17, 2018 – Shelved
October 18, 2018 – Started Reading
October 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

≈ Fatma ϟ ≈ Enjoy 💜

Chelsea Humphrey ≈ Fatma ϟ ≈ wrote: "Enjoy 💜"

Thank you!

message 3: by MA (new) - rated it 5 stars

MA ALL the feels

Myshia Liles-Moultrie My favorite one!

Chelsea Humphrey Myshia wrote: "My favorite one!"

MA wrote: "ALL the feels"

It's one of my favorite movies so I'm really excited to see how much more detail the book gives! <3

Elaine I enjoy re-reading them all, too - enjoy! :)

Chelsea Humphrey Elaine wrote: "I enjoy re-reading them all, too - enjoy! :)"

Can you believe it’sy first time reading these??? 😱

Elaine Chelsea wrote: "Can you believe it’sy first time reading these??? 😱"

I'm one of those folk who, having read the first one, ordered the others to read on their publication date. So bad we often ordered two copies - one for me and the other for my daughter - as we both wanted to read them! Surprised to discover I haven't reviewed them yet . . . . maybe I need to re-read them again first, but not till my tbr pile is lower!

Chelsea Humphrey Elaine wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Can you believe it’sy first time reading these??? 😱"

Ah I love hearing that!!

Vignesh Karthikeyan The ending!😢

Chelsea Humphrey Vignesh wrote: "The ending!😢"

So true!!! 💔

Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒ The ending broke my heart

Chelsea Humphrey Aneela wrote: "The ending broke my heart"

Same! 😭💔

message 14: by Maurice (new) - added it

Maurice no sister. you didnt forget. The movie doesnt include many parts of the book