Cheri's Reviews > Wait For Me

Wait For Me by Susan X. Meagher

1994963

bookshelves: 2018-reads, lgbtq, romance, 2019-reads, reread
Read 2 times. Last read February 4, 2019 to February 6, 2019.

I love when I can't keep the smile off my face at the end of a book. This is a damn near perfect romance for me: slow burn, lots of time to get to know the characters - and for them to get to know each other, and plenty of chemistry.

While plenty was different in this book, the feel of it reminded me of All That Matters. I cared about both of these women and felt like I had a stake in their relationship. I honestly had a very tough time putting it down. Which is saying a lot, really, since the past few months have been filled with more books that I've quit than I've finished. But there was no way I could drop this one.

If you're already a fan of SXM, you'll very likely fall in love with this book. If you haven't tried the author yet, now's a good time.

**After reading it for a second time in preparation for the upcoming Cocktail Hour show, I feel pretty much the same as I did during my first read. **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait For Me.

September 17, 2018 – Started Reading
September 17, 2018 – Shelved
September 17, 2018 –
20.0% "I’m liking the story and the characters. Feels a bit like All That Matters for me. Hoping I end up feeling the same way about this book as I do that one by the end. I need some more favorites to reread!"
September 18, 2018 –
34.0% "Whoa! Didn't expect that."
September 18, 2018 –
63.0% "Still very much into the book and enjoying it. Holy crap, though, I want to punch Molly's mom in the throat."
September 18, 2018 – Finished Reading