Julie's Reviews > Cowboy Charm School

Cowboy Charm School by Margaret Brownley

bookshelves: western-historical-romance, netgalley, e-book, 2019, sourcebooks-casablanca

Cowboy Charm School by Margaret Browning is a 2019 Sourcebooks Casablanca publication.

A refreshing romance mingled with a healthy dose of humor-

Texas Ranger, Brett Tucker is on a manhunt for the infamous criminal Frank Foster. He’s sure he has found his man, but he may have to stop a wedding in order to capture him. But won’t the bride-to-be feel relieved once she learns the truth about her future husband?

Well, Brett found Frank Foster, just not the right one. If that weren’t bad enough, he’s disrupted a perfectly innocent couple’s special day- AND caused the once happy couple to call the wedding off for good!

Kate Denver should be furious with Brett Tucker for ruining her wedding, but deep down she feels he might have done her a favor. Still, Brett feels terrible and hopes he can help Kate and Frank reunite, while he looks for right ‘Frank Foster’. To that end, he begins tutoring Frank on the proper way to court a lady- especially one as special as Kate. The only problem is, Brett may be falling for her himself.

While this story is primarily a romance, there is also a mystery to solve, with a bit of danger tossed into the mix. However, the humor is what gives this story most of its charm. I loved Brett’s advice to Frank, which is so sweet and romantic. Kate’s book and sweets shop is a delightful backdrop and having Kate and her aunt run the shop is a nice touch.

The author also does an amazing job with the characterizations and her writing is very descriptive, as well, giving the reader plenty to visualize.

I have not read many western historical romances in the past few years and only recently stumbled across a few authors who are writing within this historical romance sub-genre and am thrilled to have discovered them.

This is a book literally anyone can enjoy- even young adults and teens. The romance is sweet and refreshingly clean, and while the story is obviously very light- it is entertaining and fun. I turned the last page with a big smile on my face, reminding me that I need to read more sweet, old fashioned stories that make me laugh and lift my spirits.

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Charm School.

September 16, 2018 – Started Reading
September 16, 2018 – Shelved as: e-book
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: sourcebooks-casablanca
April 5, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)

JV ❄️☃️❄️ Delighted to hear that this was a romantic and humorous read, dear Julie! Fab review! ❤️🥰

message 2: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Terrific review, Julie! So glad this was a refreshing read for you! :)

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Gipson Lovely review Julie! Coming from the UK! It still fascinates me to see books with cowboys on the cover! I’m glad you enjoyed it.
❤️🌹

Julie JV ❄️☃️❄️ wrote: "Delighted to hear that this was a romantic and humorous read, dear Julie! Fab review! ❤️🥰"

Thank you so much, JV!! 😊💕

Julie Nicola wrote: "Lovely review Julie! Coming from the UK! It still fascinates me to see books with cowboys on the cover! I’m glad you enjoyed it.
❤️🌹"

Thank you, Nicola!! I live in the cowboy capital of the US-lots of REAL cowboys, rodeos, dairies and ranches around here. But, there are also a lot 'wanna be' cowboys who dress the part, but never rode a horse in their lives. LOL! 💕😊

message 6: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Lovely review! 😀💗

Julie Jaline wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! So glad this was a refreshing read for you! :)"

Thank you, Jaline!! I think it is good to read something nice and clean for a change. It really was refreshing! 😊💕

Julie *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Lovely review! 😀💗"

Thank you, TQ!! .😊💕

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Great review Julie!

message 10: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Great review, Julie. Love the title!

message 11: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Another wonderful review Julie, happy you enjoyed it 💕

Julie Holly wrote: "Great review Julie!"

Thank you, Holly!! 😊😊

Julie Maureen wrote: "Another wonderful review Julie, happy you enjoyed it 💕"

Thank you, Maureen!! 😊😊

Julie Angela M wrote: "Great review, Julie. Love the title!"

Thank you, Angela!! 😊😊

message 15: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Lovely review, Julie! This one sounds like an adventure 😊

message 16: by KAS (new)

KAS Oooohhhh, romance, humor and mystery!! Sounds like a winning combination, my friend. So glad you enjoyed, and excellent review ;) 💖🌼💖

Julie Shelby wrote: "Lovely review, Julie! This one sounds like an adventure 😊"

Thank you, Shelby!! It's a very charming story!! 😊😊

Julie KAS wrote: "Oooohhhh, romance, humor and mystery!! Sounds like a winning combination, my friend. So glad you enjoyed, and excellent review ;) 💖🌼💖"

Thank you so much, dear KAS!! 😊💖🌷

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Terrific review, Julie! It sounds like this book really has it all! ♥️

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! It sounds like this book really has it all! ♥️"

Thank you, Jennifer!! It is well balanced, and loads of old fashioned fun! 💖

message 21: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Wonderful review, Julie! Sounds like a nice mix of genres :)

Julie Mackenzie wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! Sounds like a nice mix of genres :)"
Thank you, Mackenzie!! It is wonderfully well rounded!! 💖

message 23: by Meredith B. (new)

Meredith B.  (readingwithmere) Great review, Julie!

Julie Meredith B. wrote: "Great review, Julie!"

Thank you so much, Meredith!! 😊😊