Sandy Kelly's Reviews > Dear Santa

Dear Santa by Nancy Naigle

This is about Angela Carson and Geoff Paisley. Angela is trying to keep her family's store Heart of Christmas open. She is the third generation to run it but sales just haven't been where they needed to be and now another store has opened and is pulling even more sales away. Now she has to make the decision on whether to keep trying to keep the store open or not. And her niece comes up with the idea of writing to Santa for help because Santa can fix everything if you just believe. Geoff is the part owner (along with his mother) of a chain called Christmas Galore. His life revolves around his business and he doesn't feel like he has the time or inclination to change that anytime soon. When his mother ends up in the hospital, she forces him to take over her duties with answering the Santa letters. What neither realizes is that when an answer from Santa turns into 2 people just talking and becoming pen pals through email, it could change their lives forever. Or how much they will come to care about each other once they get over their differences.

I really liked this one. I can completely understand how Angela felt losing her business when that is what made her feel more connected to her grandmother after losing her. I also felt like I could understand how she acted when she first meets Geoff. Of course it also made me laugh quite a bit. At first Geoff comes across as a big jerk until you realize that his mouth runs away before he even thinks about what he is saying. But I also liked that he is man enough to stand up and apologize when he realizes he is wrong, as was Angela. Once they started spending time together and really started to care about each other it was very sweet. All in all, it was a sweet Christmas read and the way it ends up is perfect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Santa.

Started Reading