♥ Marlene♥ 's Reviews > The Knife of Never Letting Go

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Dec 30, 2011

bookshelves: kindle, young-adult, series
Read from February 24 to 27, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Okay. Last night I woke up at 4.am and decided to read a little bit. OMG I do not know what happened to me. Well proof that the book had caught me whole!) I started to cry like a baby! I was so upset had to lay down the book for a while. This has not happened to me since I was a young child and my family brought me to a cinema while we were on holiday in the UK to watch a movie. In that movie a horse gets stuck in the mud. I cried and screamed.(That horse did survive) The whole cinema was laughing and my family tried to calm me. Same with the movie Bambi.
So this morning I wondered.... If I already get so upset what about the kids this book is aimed for? Now I think kids are used to cruel stories and okay I am very hypersensitive when it comes to animals.
I loved loved that dog. I thought to myself, why could it not be Fiona? (which of course would be just as sad) The cruel death of that innocent doggy will haunt me for a long time.
Before that I was telling everyone to read this book. (Yes I am late, I know ;) ) This morning I finished it and yes I loved loved this book and I will give it 5 stars even though the author upset me so much. Which is I realize now, a gift.He made me feel I was there. it was my dog. My Fight. My knife etcetera.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Knife of Never Letting Go.

03/21 marked as: read

Tanya I loved this series!!!

♥ Marlene♥ Tanya wrote: "I loved this series!!!"

Hey! This was the second time i tried cause the first time when I discovered what I thought was a talking dog I thought that is not a book for me. I am so glad I tried again. I have read 57 pages or so and I love it!! :)

Lady♥Belleza★✰ I read this today and have requested the next book from the library.

♥ Marlene♥ Great because this must mean you liked it. P.s I love the heart AND star net to your name. The star makes it seem like you are more than a member lol

Lady♥Belleza★✰ The only thing was every time something happened to the dog I was holding my breath. I read your spoiler. That is why I had to read it in a day.

♥ Marlene♥ O Yes. That made me cry so much! crazy. lol

Monique The talking dog almost stopped me from reading it, too, but in the end I fell in love with Manchee.

♥ Marlene♥ Yes I know Monique haha! I knew my mum would love this book but I also knew she would have trouble with the beginning, just as I had.
So glad that I warned her. Because I told her to keep reading she did and she loved it.