Rachel Harris's Reviews > No Dress Required

No Dress Required by Cari Quinn

2098460

bookshelves: made-me-laugh, new-years, novella-steam

No Dress Required is required reading for anyone wanting a fun, flirty read for New Year's Eve. It is a novella, so you can read it quickly in one big gulp, and even better it is only 99 cents. Truly, there is no reason why anyone should pass up this steal.

I adore stories written about best friends falling in love, or girls falling for their best friend's older brothers, and this book has both. Noelle and Jake are good friends, and he is the best friend's older brother that she's lusted over for years. Finally Noelle has given herself a deadline--she will seduce him on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, she forgot to clue in the car jacker who steals her car, leaving her without the new seductively spiffy dress she bought for the occasion--and has her standing on the roadside in a horrendous holiday shirt with bunnies. Naturally, Jake finds her this way. Not exactly the siren look she was going for.

Cari Quinn flawlessly establishes the caring relationship between these two characters, adds a whole lot of steam and sexiness, and tops it all off with huge doses of hilarity. I was smiling from ear to ear practically the entire read. She gave me everything I wanted and expected out of this story, and more. This was my first Cari Quinn book, but she now has a literary stalker for life.

Yes, this would be a fun read any time of the year, but with two days left of 2011, I suggest picking this baby up now. You won't regret it :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Dress Required.

Finished Reading