Andrew's Reviews > The Electric State

The Electric State by Simon Stålenhag

I didn't even know of this book until last week - okay I have to work on my patience as I dropped (not literally) everything else I was reading to start this book and unfortunately I finished it that night.

The work of Simon Stalenhag was brought to my attention by my brother who loves this kind of artwork (and usually waits for me to buy it so he can read it).

Now up until recently I thought he only did art - not realising he had used some of that art to create this bitter sweet story with yes you got it mind blowing artwork.

Now I will not give anything of the story away which to be honest I very cleverly done in its own right painting a world that has gone in a totally different direction thanks to events in the past.

But what I will say is that the art in this over sized sumptuously presented book give it a totally new depth - especially the last few pieces. This book is a real treasure and I really hope that he creates more as this was amazing.

Now this is one book I will be reluctant to lend to my bother as I suspect it may be a while before I get it back.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Electric State.

September 16, 2018 – Started Reading