Patremagne's Reviews > Before the Storm

Before the Storm by Christie Golden

bookshelves: audiobook

Golden's a great writer, especially for tie-in novels, and Josh Keaton (who I'd never heard of before) did a fantastic job narrating.

Before the Storm was an interesting backdrop for Battle for Azeroth, but the main thing I took out of it was that Sylvanas sucks.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before the Storm.

September 15, 2018 – Started Reading
September 15, 2018 – Shelved
September 24, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
September 24, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora Foerstner I love World of Warcraft. I play for fun and relaxation. "My favorite saying is 'I need to chill out. I'm going to go kill some stuff.'" I haven't read any of the WoW books. I might give this one a try. Thanks for the review.

Sylvanas is a piece of work. I play mostly Alliance, but I did all the intro stuff with my Horde Hunter. The chat went wild raging against Sylvanas. I'm hoping there's a reason she's behaving badly. Does the book give a reason for her brutality?

Patremagne Unfortunately it doesn't do her any favors. Blizzard claimed they wanted to make her morally grey, but she's more or less evil, very very thinly veiled by the desire to protect Forsaken.

message 3: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora Foerstner Well in-game, Blizzard failed in making her morally gray. She seems like pure evil. I'm still hoping there's a reason for her actions. My daughter thinks she might be under the control of one of the Elder Gods. Maybe.