Kahea's Reviews > Sin and Ink

Sin and Ink by Naima Simone

4195039
***4.5 Stars***

Hello Feels.

And I mean ALL. THE. FEELS.

I’m not sure if I should categorize this one as a roller coaster or a yo-yo with the way it had my emotions going crazy, but it was one hell of an intense one that yanked me in from the first page and had me #multitasking because putting it down wasn’t an option. The need to know how everything with Eden and Knox played out was intense and I didn’t stop turning the pages until there were no more words to read.

I loved and adored Eden and Knox. Eden is sweet and sassy in equal measure, despite the fact that her heart is still healing over the loss of her husband. But the woman is strong and I loved watching as she took the steps to start truly living again. Knox. OMG this man. I spent the ENTIRE book wanting to hug him and Gibbs smacking some sense into him in equal measure. He keeps himself so walled off from everyone and everything that it’s painful because the heart that beats beneath all those layers of protection is a golden one that only wants to love and protect those he calls his own.

Eden and Knox’s journey to their HEA was a rocky one, not that it’s a surprise considering how they are connected, but while I found myself frustrated with them on numerous occasions with the whole push/pull thing, I never had the urge to toss my Kindle into the freezer because everything they felt was their truth in that moment and they needed to work through it all in this new situation they found themselves in. The smexy between them was nuclear aka have that B.O.B. on hand or an ice bath ready to go HAWT, but it was that intangible connection they had with each other, that easy flow when they were together and just being, that had me rooting for them. Now there were many, many roadblocks they had to traverse, one that actually had me all kinds of growly and wanting to gut a certain character with a spoon, but I liked how they worked through them all in the end.

Being a fan of the author’s thanks to her WAG’s series, I jumped at the chance to read this baby and boy did it take me on one hell of an emotional ride. Though funnily enough, the emotions that had me wanting to grab a spoon and do harm were towards a secondary character, who I had empathy for, but very little sympathy when everything was said and done. As for the rest of the supporting cast we meet, I don’t have an ultimate favorite, but more of an overall need to know more about all of them. So bring on the next book!

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin and Ink.

September 15, 2018 – Shelved