Chris's Reviews > The Girl Who Chased the Moon

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

Dec 29, 2011

Read in December, 2011

Loved it! A quick read, but I was totally hooked. A girl goes to live w/ her grandfather she didn't even know existed in a small town in North Carolina she had never heard about. Her mother recently died, and had told her nothing of her past and hometown. It's a strange place. Her grandfather is 8 feet tall, the neighbor bakes cakes with the windows open, and there are these lights in the woods that are said to be ghosts of family who will not go out at night. Her mother it turns out has quite a complicated past that is woven into the relationships with the family who won't go out after dark. She revealed their secret many years ago, to dire consequences. So we are curious just what this secret is. And there are several other "mysteries" to be solved all connecting the past, present and how the future will be affected by what each has to share with the other. As well as some good forbidden relationships a brewing.
These characters really got under my skin and I feel like I know them.... I didn't want the book to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Chased the Moon.