Julianna's Reviews > The Kandy Shoppe

Dec 29, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, desert-island-keepers, read-2011
Recommended for: Fans of Fun, Steamy Contemporary Romance Novellas

Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" The Kandy Shoppe was a spicy novella about two people who have been in love with each other for years finally getting together. I wish that Jason's reasons for walking out on making love to Kandy five years ago had been explored a little more deeply. It seems he simply wasn't ready yet to make a commitment to her and settle down into being a one woman man. Kandy was understandably upset about this, but he did really work hard at making it up to her. It was rather sweet that he was being so persistent, although perhaps a bit underhanded on his part, to purposely not fix her freezer so she'd have to keep calling him for repairs. Even though Jason had been the star of all her dreams and sensual fantasies all these years, Kandy was being stubborn about not letting him get to her, so I guess Jason was somewhat justified in his methods. In the end, it all worked out. Their previous relationship and the fact that neither one had ever gotten over the other made their quick hook-up believable. Their love scenes were just this side of erotic and so smokin' hot they nearly set my eReader on fire.;-) Overall, The Kandy Shoppe was a really fun and enjoyable way to spend an hour and a half of my reading time, and a great way to warm up on a cool winter's day. It was my first read by Debora Dennis, but definitely won't be my last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kandy Shoppe.

December 29, 2011 – Shelved
December 30, 2011 – Started Reading
December 30, 2011 –
70.0% "Whew! This story is so hot, I think I might spontaneously combust.;-)"
December 31, 2011 – Finished Reading
January 3, 2012 –
100.0% "Very hot and enjoyable novella. Review coming soon."
January 11, 2012 – Shelved as: desert-island-keepers