Lubnaa (Romance Library)'s Reviews > Sin and Ink

Sin and Ink by Naima Simone

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I've heard so many fantastic things about Naima Simone's books and I can totally understand why everyone loves her so much! Sin and Ink was amazing! My first Naima Simone book and I cannot wait to read her backlist!

Sin and Ink is an emotionally intense book in many ways. It's a taboo romance between a man and his brother's widow. It is also very much character-focused so prepare yourself for that. Understandably, there are many complex emotions involved in the story and Ms. Simone does a fantastic job navigating and translating these emotions so the reader can truly understand the characters. I fell so hard for Knox. He has so many admiring qualities and you're probably shaking your head like 'Are you crazy, girl? He wants his brother's widow!' But trust me on this - there is so much more to Knox. He's a tortured hero and as you keep reading, you can't help but fall for him. I also adored Eden - she is a fantastic heroine. She has a quiet strength about her that was given the spotlight in the last third of the book. She's quietly fierce and extremely loyal to the people in her life, but not at the expense of her individuality. What's not to love?

The angst level is also perfect - it doesn't take over the story and only shows up at the right moments. And the steam level was just HOT! The only thing missing is an epilogue wrapping up the story.

I hope Ms. Simone decides to write stories for the other brothers! I really liked them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin and Ink.

September 14, 2018 – Shelved
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
September 14, 2018 – Shelved as: beautiful-cover-stepback
September 19, 2018 – Started Reading
September 19, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
September 20, 2018 –
49.0% "I. Can't. Stop. Reading."
September 21, 2018 – Shelved as: heroine-survivor-of-abuse