Amelia's Reviews > Sweet Home Montana

Sweet Home Montana by Lynne Marshall

There is an abundance of scenes in SWEET HOME MONTANA which are stirring because of believable circumstances and appealing characters. Lynne Marshall excels at creating situations that could actually occur in real life, and the events in this story can be moving or induce a big smile. I constantly felt as though I was watching a couple go through convincing highs and lows in their relationship, where feelings are sometimes hidden for the greater good. But as days pass and a timeline grows closer, some decisive choices will have to be made.

When Erin Chase first came to Healing Heart Acres, she needed the emotional assistance offered to anyone who was a client at the center which used horses for therapy. Three years later, she is helping others in their quest to be a more confident person by picking out activities personally chosen for them. One of the people with whom she will be working is the half-brother of Wade Conrad, who is in charge of the teenager for several weeks. Hopefully, taking Brent to the center will make a big difference in his surly attitude and perhaps bring the two closer. What Wade did not count on was for him to want more time with Erin, too.

From laugh-filled events to touching dilemmas, I was pulled into the lives of two people who find themselves unexpectedly captivated with one another. After her engagement suddenly ended, Erin had a hard time having faith in other people, and may still doubt her current decisions. Meeting Wade brings some cheer into her life, but being able to fully trust him will be difficult. Neither has he experienced many bright spots lately, but his brother’s therapist has him seeing things differently. I really enjoyed discovering if Wade and Erin could work through any problems that would keep a relationship from ever forming.

Wade only came back to his hometown in order to carry out his father’s wishes, never thinking his life would change so much in just a few weeks. His half-brother is practically a stranger, and they face a large number of hurdles before feeling like a family. The author certainly made the behavior of Brent come across as genuine, regardless of what was occurring. Some of the local residents make an appearance from time to time, and the fall festivities made me wish this delightful location could really be visited. What takes place at Healing Heart Acres was depicted with realism plus often insightful moments, and I was intrigued by many of the happenings related to the center. I was entertained at all times by SWEET HOME MONTANA, the latest story in the Charity, Montana series.

I voluntarily reviewed the book, and all comments are my honest opinion - 4.5 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Home Montana.

September 14, 2018 – Shelved