Lauriann's Reviews > Seriously... I'm Kidding

Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres

U 50x66
Dec 29, 2011

I previously commented that after I read Tina Fey's book I considered a trip to the land of Oz in an attempt to get a sense of humor, because I didn't laugh aloud once. So I was hopeful that I would laugh aloud at Ellen Degenere's new book and save myself a trip to Oz. Well, let's just say I've put off my trip a bit because I did laugh out loud a couple of times. I really like Ellen on her show and think she is very funny both in her stand-up routines and in her guest chat where she proves she is naturally funny. But the written word fell a bit flat for me. I expected it to be a bit more autobiographical, hence an interesting read. But so much of her experience doesn't really happen, because it couldn't really happen, and that detracted from my enjoyment of the book. But it was a quick read and really quite funny. If I want to really laugh, though, I'll get the remote and punch in CBS and four o'clock week-days. She's simply much funnier outside of the book-ends.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seriously... I'm Kidding.