Aubrey- CGSR's Reviews > Perversion

Perversion by T.M. Frazier

5 out of 5 'That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!' Stars

Ok boys and girls. I always think that I'm not really a huge fan of the dark romances and every single effing time TM Frazier proves my ass wrong. There is just something about her characters and the feelings they evoke that make you turn that page as if your life depended on it. I love the worlds she creates with her words. I can feel it. Touch it. Taste it. Smell it. PERVERSION was amazingly captivating and I willingly allowed myself to be entranced by the magic of TM Frazier's word sorcery.

The story of Grim (Tristan) and Tricks (Emma Jean) was something out of a modern-day gang Romeo and Juliet....only it's not. Tristan and Emma Jean meet each other young when they are in separate foster homes. Then they are separated by being transferred into different foster homes. Tristan definitely got the better end of the deal on this one. His new home, even though they are doing things of a questionable nature (ie- running guns), was that of a strong bonded family who showed him nothing but support and love.

Emma Jean's circumstances are vastly different in that she never expected to get taken from the foster home with her foster sister, Gabby, to go and live with her foster sister's older brother, Marco. Emma Jean is forced to live in a gang family called Los Muertos. The Los Muertos is just one of the gangs that inhabit the small town of Lacking. But they are crazy horrible and do things that are unnecessary just because they can. One of those gangs that you get pissed off at just for existing. She is forced to do things she doesn't want to do and see things she never wanted to see. Emma Jean really tried to make the most of her situation without totally tainting herself in the process though, which I thought was totally respectable.

After 5 years of searching for the young girl that changed his life, Tristan's path crosses with Emma Jean's. Their connection makes even the reader feel off kilter. It's staggering that even after 5 years they have something that is unexplainable but makes sense to just the two of them. And of course, they are in rival gangs so they can't simply just be together. The trials they are both put through will either make or break them and I gotta say that Emma Jean is one badass chick because there is no way I would've survived half the shit that she went through. And Tristan had me worried for a sec. I thought he was gonna bail on Emma Jean. I was so glad to be proved wrong. There's definitely more to the story- Gabby and Marco and Tristan's family and the other gang leaders all play important roles that I will not go into detail here on this review. Just read the book. It's fucking awesome.

The ending of this book is a KILLLLLEEEERRRRR!!! ARGH!!! Cliffhanger central!! But it's such a great cliffhanger. Not only does it leave you reeling but it leaves you craving for more.

Happy Reading!!
*Reviewer for Country Gals Sexy Reads*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perversion.

Finished Reading
July 11, 2018 – Shelved ( Edition)
July 11, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read ( Edition)
September 10, 2018 – Started Reading ( Edition)
September 10, 2018 – Shelved as: arc ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 –
99.0% "Oh my god this book is amazing!! Total cliffhanger!!!" ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: alpha-male ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: cliffhanger ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: dark-romance ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: could-not-put-down-books ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: mafia-organized-crime ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: emotional-rollercoaster ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: intense-ride ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: dual-pov ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: series ( Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Finished Reading ( Edition)
September 13, 2018 – Shelved