Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 29, 2011

Read from December 30, 2011 to January 03, 2012

Reviewed at: http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Jennifer Armentrout...I really think I may be in love with you. Seriously, I'm about as straight as they come, but after reading Obsidian and immediately following it up with Half-Blood!!! I heart you!! Where have you been all my life??? I'm gagged and bound to the band-wagon attached to the Jennifer L. Armentrout train and I love it!!! What a ride.

Now let me take a running head start and jump on my insanely large soap-box. To all you readers giving the book hell about copying Vampire Academy, consider this a cyber kick in the face!!! YES...there are some plot similarities/concepts especially in the beginning, but they are far from the same. In fact, the author does an amazing job creating a unique and fasinating world surrounded by greek mythology, a kick-ass heroine, a romance to die for, and a heart warming BFF! I love everything about this book. So what if she used some of the BROAD concepts of VA? Last time I checked, I loved that series too. So why wouldn't I want a book that pulled some of the very things I loved about Vampire Academy to use it to create a whole new and exciting book that has original concepts and a fresh drop you down to your knees thank you Jesus romance? Hmmmmmm. Its like saying that every book that has a vampire/human romance is copying Twilight. If you like VA, you'll like Half-Blood. Hell, if you like books you'll like Half-Blood. TEAM JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

Tough Critic Book Reviews Jordyn{readingmonster} wrote: "Awesome review!
I also hate how people were giving obsidian shit because its "just like twilight because omg the guy saves the girl from a vehicle, just like in twilight!" To me its not like twilig..."

I couldn't agree more! And don't worry, there is room for you on my soap-box :-) So far I adore her books. End of story...THE END!!

Annie Brewer Great review! I am getting ready to read this!!! I agree with everything you said about loving Jennifer because DAMN, Obsidian is TO DIE FOR!! I put my review up so you can see I have an obsession with Daemon!!! Can't wait to delve into this awesomesauce series as well! :)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Annie wrote: "Great review! I am getting ready to read this!!! I agree with everything you said about loving Jennifer because DAMN, Obsidian is TO DIE FOR!! I put my review up so you can see I have an obsession ..."

You will love it!!! I haven't posted my review of Obsidian yet, but plan on it soon. ENJOY Half-blood :-)

message 4: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ I'm with you on the Armentrout train. She's amazing!

Rachel Householder Agreed! I mean, have these angries read any YA fiction lately, the unique story is few and far between! At least it wasn't about fallen angels!