2kasmom's Reviews > Shot on Goal: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey

Shot on Goal by Jami Davenport

bookshelves: hockey, skater, olympic-sports

This is book #11, in the Game On In Seattle series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this incredible series in order.

Drew and Marina have a complicated history. With a lot of tragedy in their pasts in common, they bond on the current love of hockey and all that it means to both of them. Drew has finally figured out what he wants - and it is Marina.

Marina has had a long climb back to the opportunity she has been given for this great team. She cannot afford to lose it by being attracted to the sexiest man she has ever seen. With all that they have between them, she is shy to give even herself a chance.

This book was such a slow burn, I honestly almost put it away and gave up. I will be completely honest with you. It was close. The burn in this book builds and builds with conflict and intense heat, that it actually became this author's best work for me in the end. I loved the characters, the series, and the subject. Totally great read and I highly recommend! I give this a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shot on Goal.