Kendall's Reviews > The Witch of Willow Hall

The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox

bookshelves: 2018, netgalley-approved

The Witch of Willow Hall is a rich gothic mystery at it's finest!!!

Our main character Lydia and her family move to New Oldbury after a scandal arises with her family. After the scandal, their family is ready to have a fresh beginning but somehow the past always sneaks up on you....coming back to haunt you.

Lydia starts to realize that she has some special powers. A witch! Loved this part of the novel!! I am huge fan of supernatural. Lydia's family dates back to the Salem Witches... dated well over 200 years go. Lydia starts to realize that she needs to control her powers because if she doesn't... word will be getting to the wrong person and may wreck even more havoc to her and her family.

What I loved about this?! I couldn't get enough of the gothic vibe and supernatural aspect. I was hoping to dive more into the Salem witch Trails giving us more history upon that but this wasn't the case which was a tad bit of a bummer for me.

The author does a fabulous job of focusing on family, love, and romance with a hint of supernatural. I was a tad nervous going into this one because historical fiction isn't usually my to go genre but I surprised myself and really enjoyed reading this alongside my besties.

Overall, this was a wonderful read and am so glad I was able to experience Hester Fox's piece of literature.

Huge thank you to Harlequin Graydon Publishing for the advanced arc in exchange for my honest thoughts.

3.5 stars rounded down on this one :)

Publication date: 10/2/18
Published to GR: 9/28/18

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witch of Willow Hall.

September 11, 2018 – Started Reading
September 11, 2018 – Shelved
September 11, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Book besties read <3 <3."
September 22, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

Holly  B Great review Kendall! I think Lydia may have been my favorite character.

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Fantastic review, Kendall ;) Glad you enjoy reading this author!! xoxo

message 3: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Great review, Kendall 💖 all of these raves are making me question my decision to pass this one up.

message 4: by JanB (new)

JanB Great review Kendall and the perfect season for a gothic mystery!

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Terrific review Kendie!! I’m starting this soon and am looking forward to it. 💜🌸

message 6: by Mads (new)

Mads Terrific review, Kendall

Kendall Thank you everyone for the love and comments <3.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Lovely review, Kendall! I’m so happy I read this with you! 💗

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen Terrific review, Kendall. Glad you enjoyed this one!

Kendall Jennifer- Me too and thank you!!
Jen- Thank you <3.

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!!

message 12: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri Wonderful review, Kendall!

Kendall Thank you so much Deanna and Cheri! :)

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Excellent review Kendall! Glad you enjoyed!🤗

message 15: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Fabulous review, Kendall! Glad you enjoyed!

Kendall Kaceey- Thank you!!
Meredith- Thank you!!

message 17: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Strong Nice review Kendall!

Kendall Thank you Susanne!!! 😊

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Wonderful review, Kendie!!! This was a fun fall bestie read!

Kendall Kenzie- It totally was!! Thank you :). Many more to come!! <3

message 21: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Great review, Kendall! Glad you enjoyed this witchy read! xoxo

Kendall Thank you so much Nazanin! :)

Marialyce 10% into this story and already I can tell, it is going to be an awesome read for me. Love those Gothic tales! Glad you enjoyed it.

Kendall Mariaylce- Yay so glad you're enjoying it so far! I will be watching for your final thoughts :).

Debra Great review, Kendall!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fab review, Kendall! I am reading this now.

Kendall Thank you so much Debra and Mary!! 😊💜