Patrice's Reviews > The Neverending Story

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

bookshelves: classic-fantasy, youth

I had seen and enjoyed both the movies (the first more than the second) and had never realized it was based on a book until my sister-in-law asked for it for Christmas (Yes, I gave it to her December 28th and we've both already read it). The book bascially covers the material for both movies. I really like how the text is multi-colored. Green is for Fantastica (Which somehow became Fantasia in the movies) and red is for reality. Also it's Christmas colors which goes with the holiday occasion on which I gave the book as a gift. In some of the reality sequences, there are hints that the story does not take place in America (The author is German and it was translated into English - Fun Fact). I like Bastian as a person better in the movies, but the story and descriptions of Fantasica are much more detailed and elaborate in the book. Also it is one continous adventure in the book, whereas the movies were disjointed from one to the other. Other than wanting to scream at Bastian, a lot, I really enjoyed this book and basically read it all in one sitting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Neverending Story.

December 29, 2011 – Shelved