Shawn's Reviews > Remember the Passion

Remember the Passion by Lynn Eldridge

I really enjoy the way this author takes events from American history and creates additional storylines and plots to run alongside the what is known and recorded. The first book I read involved the Black Hills and the killing of Wild Bill Hickock. This book involves the siege of the Alamo and the War for Texas Independence. She does an excellent job painting a picture of Tejano society in Bexar (San Antonio) during Mexican rule. We also get well crafted characters although I wish she would have spent more time developing the personalities of Jim Bowie, Will Travis, Davy Crockett and Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. This book was very amusing to read. I enjoyed the feisty heroines and the rascally villains. I particularly liked the way she presents her lead male characters. So many time I read books about strong men who are presented as arrogant jerks; the less sophisticated gender. It is really reversed sexism in my opinion and it is extremely popular in literature these days. This author describes all characters equally complicated. Ms. Eldridge does a terrific job in her writing and her books are always a fun and worthy read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember the Passion.

September 10, 2018 – Started Reading