Jen's Reviews > Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated

Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim

Dec 28, 2011

I admit, as a kid I was a Nellie-hater. But after reading Alison Arngrim's own words about the character, I not only love the author, but I kinda actually *like* Nellie Oleson!

You probably have to have been a fan of the show to enjoy this book, but really, who do you know above age 40 that is *not* a fan of the show? She lets us in on a few secrets (Melissa Sue Anderson was quite stand-offish). She tells us how she got started in the business. She describes a day on the set. And we learn what poor Alison had to go through at home. Nobody would have known that the ringlet wig-wearing snot had so much turmoil going on at home.

I love her humor, her storytelling and her willingness to share it all with her readers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of a Prairie Bitch.

December 28, 2011 – Started Reading
December 28, 2011 – Shelved
December 28, 2011 –
0.0% "Chapter 4 -- this book isn't what I thought it would be, but I'm enjoying it!"
May 12, 2012 – Finished Reading