Sally's Reviews > 11.22.63

11.22.63 by Stephen King

Nov 01, 2016

bookshelves: popular-fiction, beloved-books
Read from September 29 to November 01, 2016

Have I told you how much I love Stephen King? If I haven't I am going to right now. I REALLY love Stephen King. As his books are few and far between these days I had forgotten how nice it is to read a Stephen King book. Whether he is writing balls to the wall horror like Pet Sematary or something more literary like The Green Mile or 11.22.63, he is a truly spellbinding writer. As usual, I just could not leave this one alone, it called to me. I neglected my children any chance I could to sit and read this. It's a long one, but at no time did it feel too long. And like most King books, the ending was very satisfying. He is very reliable with the satisfying endings I think and that is quite a feat. Endings are hard, possibly the hardest thing to write and he nails it every time, even in his horrors which is impressive. I'll admit the plot sounds a little ho-hum but it is amazing what he does with the story. And for die hard fans, we get to revisit Derry which I was very excited about. I cannot recommend this book enough, to everyone, not just King fans.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11.22.63.

09/29/2016 marked as: to-read