Duffette (Page Reaper Book Blog)'s Reviews > Queen Takes Checkmate

Queen Takes Checkmate by Joely Sue Burkhart

bookshelves: 2018
Read 2 times. Last read September 9, 2018.

Oh, Joely. Let me count the ways... (Knights, King, Queen, Rook, Panthers, Alpha, Unicorns, and Checkmate) I love you lots. I love your 'Their Vampire Queen' series and all little anthologies you've done based in this world you've created. So this is the long-awaited finale to Shara's quest to destroy Ra once and for all. The sun god has been trying to kill our precious Queen since book one. Because you know, he's a fucking dick. But. And I will say this is a unique but. But Joely explains *why* he's such a fucking dick. And it's completely believable and of course, it does not endear me at all to him as a character.

It's hard to talk about too much without giving too much away... Where's River Song when you need her?

Spoilers

So let's just go with All Hail the Mighty Queen Joely Sue Burkhart, she's one amazing author.

PROS:
- Yummy
- All the things
- Great plot
- I love the afterward she places in the book, make sure you read it

CONS:
- There are questions that still need answers
- It stopped, no more pages!

Overall:
This is hands down the best series I've read all year. I can't wait to explore more of this world and meet some other queens (Queen Takes Camelot *squee*)

And of course, Long Live Shara Fucking Isador!

www.PageReaper.duffette.com

Page Reaper Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen Takes Checkmate.

Finished Reading ( Edition)
September 9, 2018 – Started Reading
September 9, 2018 – Shelved
September 9, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 9, 2018 – Shelved ( Edition)
October 10, 2018 – Shelved as: 2018