Carvanz's Reviews > Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two

Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two by T.J. Shaw

20266662
Holy heck! This series just keeps getting better!

While Amari is still in the dark as to her designation, what her animal is, her confidence builds in the face of the dangerous dragons that surround her. She stands up for herself in the face of Jaxon’s formidable nature and yet quakes at the desire he arouses in her. Living in confusion and fear of what will happen upon transition, an event at Jaxon’s homestead causes her to question her very sanity.

Jaxon is more determined than ever to save Amari as her transition looms before them. His soul focus is on preventing her from going rogue and what steps he will have to take to ensure that doesn’t happen. With the assistance of his cadre he begins with her mental communications, or lack thereof. As bit by bit is slowly revealed of her true nature he knows that she is his mate no matter what animal she harbors within.

Amari’s character continues to grow and I loved that even as she was at such a huge disadvantage, she stood up for what she wanted. When even more of her innate nature is revealed I cheered her on despite the edge of sadness and despair that were present within the storyline. My heart hurt for her as well for her lost memories and her uncertainties. She’s a pretty perfect heroine in my opinion. Vulnerable and yet filled with strength when needed.

As Jaxon remains true to his protective, possessive and sometimes jealous tendencies, he is so very sweet as he recognizes the gentle touch or prod that Amari needs. He could easily bulldoze his way in to find what he wants, but he has her best interest at heart and refuses to do the unthinkable simply to quench his own selfishness. I also loved the connection he had with his cadre and the complete loyalty they shared together.

This book is so beautifully written. With the richness of this author’s words to showcase the world these characters live in, as well as intense development between the hero and heroine as well as Jaxon’s cadre, I was completely swept up in this story. There was no way I was going to put this book aside for any reason. It ends on a cliffhanger with so much left unanswered and new drama on the horizon. Although I’ll be so freaking happy to get that final installment, I’m going to actually be sad for this story to end.

I can’t recommend this book enough to anyone who enjoys shifters/dragons, possessive heroes and strongly developed heroines.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two.

September 9, 2018 – Started Reading
September 9, 2018 – Shelved
September 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Wow, fantastic review, Carla! I can't wait to read this!!

message 2: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review!!💖😉

Carvanz Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Wow, fantastic review, Carla! I can't wait to read this!!"

Thanks Carol! You're going to love it as much as book 1!

Carvanz Kat wrote: "Fabulous review!!💖😉"

Thank you Kat! ♥