Carol [Goodreads Addict]'s Reviews > Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two

Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two by T.J. Shaw

bookshelves: dragons, paranormal-fantasy, shapeshifters

Sleeping Dragon Stirs is book two in the series, Outside the Veil, by T.J. Shaw. This series has me absolutely spellbound. T.J.’s writing is so beautiful and I am completely engrossed in this world she has created, in Jaxon and Amari’s story.

riding on a dragon

As Jaxon, Amari and the rest of their group travel towards Jaxon’s home, Jaxon and Amari become closer. Amari still has no memory and doesn’t know what animal lives within her. The Trinity is fast approaching, which is the time that all first time shifters make their first shift. But, with no connection to her animal, no pathways created in her mind to allow her to connect with others to help her with the shift, she is sure to either go rogue or die. Her inner beast is becoming stronger and she is becoming more confused.

“You will never get lost in the shadows, est draco, because your flame will only burn brighter in the darkness.”

Jaxon has accepted that Amari is his mate, no matter what her animal is. His cadre, or the three closest men to him that have sworn to protect him, all accept Amari as a sister and vow to protect her as well. I really loved that we got to know these three, Crispin, Kip and Slade, better in this book. I have already fallen in love with all three of them.

“I can’t lose her.”
“No one will harm her, because we take care of our own.”

red haired woman

Once they have all reached Jaxon’s estate, Jaxon looks forward to making more progress in helping Amari prepare for the Trinity. But something dark is at work in their midst. Something that can threaten any chance at a future. Something that seems to want Amari. At the same time, Amari’s family, whom she has no memory of, is searching for her.

Photo

I think what touched me most about this book is the way Jaxon is with Amari. He’s an alpha dragon shifter. He’s a ruler. But with his mate, he’s tender and loving. One particular evening on their journey when he made a place to rest for her especially touched me. I think it was my favorite moment of the book. But beware if you are another male and dare to show any interest in her, because Jaxon is most definitely possessive of his new mate. And he won’t hesitate to show you just how much!

kiss

So much is going on and I have so many questions. I couldn’t read this fast enough but now am left to wait for the final book, Alpha Dragon Awakes, to come out so I can get the conclusion to Jaxon and Amari’s story. This is truly a fantastic series and I can’t wait for you to read it!

For more about this book and so many more, come and join me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleeping Dragon Stirs, part two.

September 9, 2018 – Shelved
September 9, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 11, 2018 – Started Reading
September 11, 2018 – Shelved as: dragons
September 11, 2018 – Shelved as: paranormal-fantasy
September 11, 2018 – Shelved as: shapeshifters
September 12, 2018 –
24.0% "Chapter 8
For someone at the top of the food chain, he had somehow become an easy mark for the small redhead with a fiery heart."
September 13, 2018 –
50.0% "Chapter 14
With Jaxon's help, she would figure out her life, and find her destiny along the way."
September 13, 2018 –
73.0% "Chapter 22
She barely acknowledged their presence, however, because of the man holding her hand as if she were the most precious thing he had ever touched."
September 13, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Hope you don’t have to wait too long for the next release, Carol ;) Fantastic review!! xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] KAS wrote: "Hope you don’t have to wait too long for the next release, Carol ;) Fantastic review!! xoxo"

Thanks, KAS! Holy dragon fire, this series is amazing.

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review Carol !!!💖😉

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Kat wrote: "Excellent review Carol !!!💖😉"

Thanks, Kat! This series is so freaking fantastic!!!

message 5: by Mei (new) - added it

Mei Wonderful review, Carol!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Mei wrote: "Wonderful review, Carol!
The first book, which I added thanks to your review, is still to come out and you've already read the second! WOW!!!"

Thanks, Mei. This series is just Wow! I love TJ's writing! Now I am on pins and needles waiting for the conclusion!!

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Awesome review Carol;) xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Wendy wrote: "Awesome review Carol;) xoxo"

Thanks so much, Wendy. I'm in love with this series!!

message 9: by Karla (new)

Karla Fabulous review, Carol! Hopefully the wait won’t be long for the next book. xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Karla wrote: "Fabulous review, Carol! Hopefully the wait won’t be long for the next book. xoxo"

Thanks so much, Karla. I'm completely in love with this series!!

Carvanz I absolutely love this review Carol! I'm going to be sad to see this story end. Hoping we'll get more in the series with his cadre. Holy heck! Did I just say I wanted more? In a series? Oh man, I must be running a fever!

message 12: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Fantastic review, dear Carol! xoxo

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Carvanz wrote: "I absolutely love this review Carol! I'm going to be sad to see this story end. Hoping we'll get more in the series with his cadre. Holy heck! Did I just say I wanted more? In a series? Oh man, I m..."

Thank you so, so much, Carla!!! I have so many questions I need answered in regards to Amari! I can't wait for the last book. And yeah, I love his cadre. I'm especially intrigued with Slade!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Nazanin wrote: "Fantastic review, dear Carol! xoxo"

Thanks so much, Nazanin. This series has pretty much blown my mind. I'm in love with it!!

Carvanz Carol [Goodreads Addict] wrote: "Carvanz wrote: "I absolutely love this review Carol! I'm going to be sad to see this story end. Hoping we'll get more in the series with his cadre. Holy heck! Did I just say I wanted more? In a ser..."

Slade!!! yes!!!

message 16: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Carol! :) xx

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Carol! :) xx"

Thanks, Aisling!! I can't say enough how amazing this series is!!

message 18: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Lovely review Carol! :)

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Sandra wrote: "Lovely review Carol! :)"

Thanks, Sandra. This series is pretty much blowing my mind. I'm loving it so much!!

Carol [Goodreads Addict] Happy Release Day, T.J. Shaw!!!

happy book birthday