Shantala (Shanaya Tales)'s Reviews > Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World

Deep Work by Cal Newport

Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a distracted world - It's this tag line that got me curious about the book.

Because distraction free focused work has proved challenging for me over the past few years. And I definitely needed help / some way to change the current state of affairs - it's the reason why I picked up this book.

And it delivered. It not only shares perspective on why the ability to do deep work is an absolute must-have to achieve meaningful success in today's distracted world. But also gives actionable tips to incorporate deep work in your current work environment.

Now of-course not all insights and tips will be relevant to everyone, or even doable, because some things are just out of our control. But I believe that everyone will be able to get something from this book.

The top 3 things (among several other things) I personally am going to implement going forward is -

1. Working towards fixed schedule productivity.

2. Always scheduling everything. And being open to reworking the schedule if required, but not keeping open time blocks, not assigned to any task in particular.

3. Setting small, competitive time deadlines for tasks. Challenging enough that there is no time to give into distraction, but not impossible to achieve with focused attention.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone looking to implement strategies that will help them be productive at doing meaningful, fulfilling work.

- Shantala @ Shanaya Tales

Blog | Facebook | Bookish Tweeting | My Bookstagram | Bookish Pinning
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Work.

September 9, 2018 – Shelved