Monica (Tomes Project)'s Reviews > The Life of Captain Marvel

The Life of Captain Marvel by Margaret Stohl

bookshelves: released-2019, 2018

This one is a must-read for all the Carol fans out there. Whether you're new and just excited for the movie or a long time follower from the 70s, I think you've got to give this one a shot. Now there were things that I wasn't the biggest fan of, but we get to see a Carol that's more vulnerable and open and human. Whether or not you like the overall message and addition to Carol's story, I think that it's an incredibly important one to add to her story as Captain Marvel.

And spoilers, but I want to link to this review mainly for the reader letter at the end. I'm very happy to have Carol's story in the hands of women that care about it and care about making it something bigger than a comic book. (That was corny. I'm sorry.) Reading through her issues the past few years has been a really great experience for me, and I hope Marvel can continue to make more comics like this, about reclaiming your story and your life as your own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life of Captain Marvel.

September 9, 2018 – Started Reading