Diane Lynch's Reviews > Playing For Love: A York Bombers Hockey Romance

Playing For Love by Lisa B. Kamps

bookshelves: ebook, hockey-romance

I adored Lisa B. Kamps’ PLAYING FOR LOVE. It is the sixth book in The York Bombers series. Center, Travis Bankard, and vet tech, Cara Hudgins, both uncharacteristically have a one-night-stand. The evening leaves them with a pregnancy and uncertain future. This sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

Lisa B. Kamps did an amazing job with her character development. Both Travis and Cara are introverted, naive, and socially awkward. They are not the type to sleep around. Fortunately, they wound up with each other and were a good fit. This made for an interesting scenario because neither of the two are experienced in relationships, causing some misconceptions. I’m an animal lover, so I related to Cara.

The plot was interesting and believable. They had more issues to deal with then the pregnancy. I appreciated the role that previous characters in the series played in this story. The hockey scenes were well-written and easy to visualize. I love the epilogue. I would love to see a book that takes place after it to know what happened or maybe a spin-off series of the kids. PLAYING FOR LOVE was a worthwhile and heartfelt read. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing For Love.

September 9, 2018 – Shelved