Betul's Reviews > Bound by Love

Bound by Love by Cora Reilly

bookshelves: 2018, arc, organized-crime, romance, reviewed, dark

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Born in Blood. Sworn in Blood. Maybe I hadn't made a blood oath, but what bound me to him was stronger than any oath. I was bound by love."

Bound by Love focuses on the couple who first introduced us to the Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles: Luca and Aria. They were and still are my favorite couple in this series, so I was excited to be reunited with them again. And how awesome is it that we get a full-length novel instead of a novella? I was a bit scared that I wouldn't love this book as the first one, but the author did such a great job in continuing Luca and Aria's story in a very intriguing way. After an HEA you normally don't get to see the struggles, and everyone knows that especially in a mafia book there are many of those. Cora kept me interested and engaged until the end. I loved seeing these characters interact and also see their POVs of when the previous books took place. Aria's sisters didn't really make it easy for Luca as a Capo, and Aria is of course caught in the middle. She wants to protect her siblings which results her going behind Luca's back.

"There are few good things in our world, Luca, and if you find one, you cling to it with all your might. You are one of those good things in my life."

Bound by Love is a beautiful and also dark contemporary romance. I absolutely loved seeing Luca and Aria grow as a couple and individuals. They have their ups and downs, and sometimes don't know how to handle them, but eventually will always come together because they love each other. Some parts of this book were heartbreaking and I wanted to smack Luca, but looking at how he was raised by his sadistic father, his behavior was the only way he knew how to get through things. I especially loved seeing Aria grow in this book, she became a very strong woman, who sometimes acted before thinking, but always had the best intentions. This follow-up to Luca and Aria's story was done very well, and it makes me even more excited for the upcoming books in this dark, sexy and intriguing world that Cora has created. I think fans of this author/series will be satisfied and enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound by Love.

September 9, 2018 – Shelved
November 20, 2018 –
November 21, 2018 – Finished Reading
November 22, 2018 – Shelved as: reviewed
November 22, 2018 – Shelved as: dark

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mihaela It was a good book. I wanted to see more of dante though. I think luca as a capo is weak, as we've seen in bound by temptation. Him starting a war just because liliana and that guy whatever his name was were in love and killed an important member of the outfit showed that he didn't cared about his men. I mean really, this series has a lot of mistakes but that's the worse. And why would dante be the bad guy? I mean the were the ones that killed one of his men. And my god aria is stupid. I actually wanted him not to take her back because sooner or later she'll do something that will destroy him. So different than valentina. Also i hope there will be a follow up because i really wanna know what happens with dante and valentina. And Anna.

message 2: by Betul (last edited Dec 06, 2018 02:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Betul Mihaela wrote: "It was a good book. I wanted to see more of dante though. I think luca as a capo is weak, as we've seen in bound by temptation. Him starting a war just because liliana and that guy whatever his nam..."

Hi Mihaela, you make very valid points. However, the things you didn't like, didn't really bother me. But I can definitely understand where you are coming from, and friends of mine have made the same statements. Valentina is much more aware and mature and that shows. Hopefully Aria will get her act together. ;)

BTW Cora just posted a list of books she is expecting to release in 2019 on her website and you will get more Dante! Bound by the Past is coming in the Summer.

Here is the full list:
January, 8th: TWISTED EMOTIONS (Nino's book)
February, 11th: ONLY WORK, NO PLAY (Start to a new series)
April: TWISTED PRIDE (Remo's book)
Summer: BOUND BY THE PAST (More Dante & Valentina)

Source: https://corareilly.com/books