Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic's Reviews > Not So Nice Guy

Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey

it was ok
bookshelves: new-adult, arc

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Samantha Abrams and Ian Fletcher are co-teachers and best friends for three years since they're hired at Oak Hill High School. Their friendship began during the teacher's orientation and they instantly cliqued. These two are quirky together and they read each other's minds. They're so cute often times people assumed they're couple. Over the years, Sam's feelings for Ian developed but she thought it's one-sided. Her actions are pretty obvious and Ian doesn't take a hint. One day she blurted out that "they aren't dating" and ladies starts fawning on her best friend.

Sam genuinely felt bad about the situation because he's supposed to be hers. Sam is an attractive, intelligent and classy woman but she's insecure and overdramatic. Ian is a charming yet shy guy. He's in love with Sam but he never confessed his love for her. She's attracted to him but he can also sense her fear of losing their friendship. Thru his persistence, will Sam finally give in and take a chance of them being an official couple?

I'm on the minority for this one because I didn't enjoy Not So Nice Guy. Romcoms are supposed to be fun and quirky. However, I felt the opposite in this book. The romance was flat and the protagonists annoyed me for sending mixed signals and waiting for someone make a move. Don't get me started with Sam being a drama queen. The plot escalated on the 50% mark and it barely kept me interested plus the last 25% dragged on. It may be a happy ending but it's rushed. Overall, this is a disappointment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not So Nice Guy.

September 9, 2018 – Started Reading
September 9, 2018 – Shelved
September 9, 2018 – Shelved as: new-adult
September 9, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
September 10, 2018 –
8.0% "Mixed feelings about this."
September 18, 2018 –
20.0% "These two are so stubborn."
September 19, 2018 –
31.0% "Make a move Ian. You're sending wrong signals dude."
September 20, 2018 –
46.0% "Finally someone made a move. ABOUT TIME💃🏻🙌🏼"
September 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Ana O (new)

Ana O Lovely review B. Sorry it was a bust xoxo

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Sorry this was a bit of a bust, B! Hope your next read is better x

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Sorry this was a bit of a bust, B! Hope your next read is better x"

Ana wrote: "Lovely review B. Sorry it was a bust xoxo"

Thank you lovelies! <3 <3 <3