Yvonne Davies's Reviews > Snowbound

Snowbound by Maria  Alexander

bookshelves: a-million-more-pages, game-night, ya, magic, holiday

I read Snowed back in December 2016 and I have been waiting with anticipation to see if Aidan survived being kidnapped by his dad St Nick. Continuing with the story, we find out what happened to Aidan.
Imprisoned by his sadistic father, he lives his days being tortured by his dad and Charity’s brother Charlie who did not need any excuse to torment Aidan. The only thing keeping him strong is his love for Charity. Charity on the other hand has got a job with Volertech, an organisation making high tech gadgets for the government. Whilst she spends her days working with technology, she ponders how to rescue Aidan and kill his dad.
The story is told using alternate POVs, this helps the story flow quickly as I got to know Aidan and Charity actions. The story was more intense as they both had risks to take, putting their lives in danger. Charity had her old friends beside her which did help her with the pressure of what she had to do. Judy had hardened as due to her loss she was out for revenge and Michael and Ricardo were one of the cuties couples I had read about in a while. What surprised me was evil Charlie had become and I could see how he thrived on St Nicks attention.
Whilst I had waited awhile for book 2, I got back into the story straight away. This was a page turner and whilst YA, adults will also love this story. This story explored mythology and turned it on its head. The addition of the Gods added another level to the story and there were times when it all looked hopeless for Aidan.
The twist at the end left it on a cliff hanger and I hope that book 3 is in the pipeline as I want to see if Aidan and Charity will survive. Another good book and a great story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snowbound.

September 8, 2018 – Shelved