desiree Bergez's Reviews > Two Princes of Summer

Two Princes of Summer by Nissa Leder

Read 2 times

I am a big sucker for anything Fae related, so it’s no surprise that I liked this one! I had my eye on this book for the longest time and decided it was finally time to give it a try, and I was not disappointed. You meet Cade and Raith both princes of the Summer Court who have to battle each other for the right of the Heir. Scarlett is just your typical human who is consumed by grief and pain after the loss of her mother. Which makes her a perfect candidate for Cade to try to control, you see Faes feed off emotion, it replenishes their magic. So Cade thought he hit the jackpot. Scarlett finds herself thrown right into the middle of Fae Politics. Cade is who you start out liking in the beginning but as chapters go on you find yourself on Raiths side. Raith planned on using Scarlett against Cade, who only wants to drain her of emotions until she has no emotion left since her emotion fully heightens his magic. But slowly over time, Raith grows rather fond of Scarlett, and he is the only fae to treat her like an equal. Kassandra who is Queen and the mother of Cade is a terrible person. I have a theory that she is the reason why the king died the way he did. The writing style wasn’t bad, but there were areas I thought needed some improvement. And to repeat the story about what happened to Scarlett’s mother seemed a bit unnecessary after a while. I am intrigued by the Unseelie King Kaelem, and I hope we learn more about him in the next book. Which I will definitely be reading but of course the plot twist comes towards the end where Scarlett starts to learn who she is really is.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Princes of Summer.

Finished Reading
September 7, 2018 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
September 7, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
September 7, 2018 –
page 64
25.0% (Kindle Edition)
September 8, 2018 –
page 129
50.39% (Kindle Edition)
September 8, 2018 – Shelved
September 8, 2018 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)