Danielle Gypsy Soul's Reviews > In the Mood Fur Love

In the Mood Fur Love by Eve Langlais

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley-or-author-arcs, paranormal, shapeshifter

So I'm left wondering if I read the same book as all the people who rated it 4 and 5 stars. I usually like Milly Taiden and Eve Langlais but these novellas just weren't great although the Eve Langlais story was my favorite.

All three of these stories feature the whole mating instinct/instalove. There isn't anything unique - it's the alpha shifter who instantly recognizes his mate who is in some type of distress and he must save her.

Bearing His Touch - 3 Stars
The first story by Eve Langlais is my favorite of the bunch. I liked both Stavros and Becka and the secondary characters were interesting as well. The dynamics with Stravos and his family were entertaining. Becka was a good heroine who although she'd been through a lot was very strong. I do wish she didn't jump right into being okay with getting physical with Stravos given that she'd been abused for a month. Still it had humor, action and one well written sex scene.

Fake Mated to the Wolf - 2 Stars
I spent more time rolling my eyes during this story then anything except well maybe disliking the heroine who was just kind of rude and mean. I didn't understand Hawke at all - why not just tell her she is his mate. I liked the idea behind the dating sight but the beginning was a bit confusing for me and I felt like I had missed something since there was a reference to the hero and heroine meeting previously.

The Witch, the Werewolf and the Waitress - 2 Stars
This is another one where I just didn't like the heroine much and didn't feel any connection between the two main characters. This story was just blah for me.

Overall, none of the three stories were all that great although the first one wasn't bad. However at a price of $9.99 for the kindle version I just couldn't recommend it.

A copy of this book was provided to me by Net Galley and the publisher with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Mood Fur Love.

September 7, 2018 – Shelved