Johmarie's Reviews > Twelfth Night

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

Dec 28, 2011

The play was rather confusing throughout the first part of the book, but then I got a better understanding of it and figured out that the book was actually entertaining rather than boring or stupid. I finally got the true meaning of a romantic comedy. This book managed to touch all the subjects that a romantic comedy was and showed that one of the many arts of William Shakespeare is still an ongoing masterpiece in the modern world. From that point on, I always wanted to know what was going to happen next. It was very interesting in some parts but there were some parts where I thought that it didnt make sense. But thanks to my sources, I was able to divulge the true meaning. Throughout the whole play, the characters disguise themselves to fit their needs in their society. This disguise ends up creating a love triangle and a whole bunch of controversy between two different groups. But in the end, orsino marries viola and Olivia marries Sebastian. I would recommend this book because it Presents real-life situations and shows itself as a great romantic comedy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twelfth Night.