megs_bookrack's Reviews > Forget You Know Me

Forget You Know Me by Jessica Strawser

liked it
bookshelves: arcs-read

**3.5-stars**

Forget You Know Me is a lovely examination of relationships and different types of love. It follows multiple perspectives and for me felt more like a domestic drama than the 'thriller' I am used to reading. The book starts off with a bang - BFFs, Liza & Molly, who have grown apart in recent years, decide on a catch-up Skype date while Molly's husband is away. As Molly is away from her computer momentarily, checking on one of her children, Liza sees a stranger enter Molly's house and it all goes wild from there. However, again, I wouldn't classify this as a 'thriller'. As a portrait of adult life, f/f friendships, marital relationships, m/f friendships and new loves, it is wonderfully done. As a thriller, it is lacking a bit of the thrill. Besides that first chapter, I was never on the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting a big reveal. A creepy thing happened and we just sort of moved on. In the end, it is wrapped up but the end was just sort of okay for me. It was a good book for sure but I don't anticipate lying awake tonight thinking about it.

I did really enjoyed Strawser's writing style and absolutely plan to read more of her books. The prose is well-thought out and rich in detail. As far as the characters go, they were all very well developed and we spent a good amount of time learning the main characters thoughts, past and motivations. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys contemporary literature, especially those that revolve around the complications that can arise within adult relationships.

Thank you so much to the publisher, St. Martin's Press, for providing me with a copy to read and review. I appreciate it so much and as always, look forward to hearing other reader's thoughts on this one.

Original: Why am I starting this book when I said I was going to wait until October...and it doesn't even come out until next February!? Because I have ZERO chill. Just none.

Previously: ARC received!! The synopsis of this sounds incredible - right in my comfort zone and the perfect book for the Fall. Psyched to get started on this one - #spooktober read for sure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget You Know Me.

September 7, 2018 – Shelved
September 7, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 10, 2018 – Started Reading
September 11, 2018 –
5.0% "Chapter 1 and it starts! No beating around the bush with this one!!!"
September 17, 2018 –
September 20, 2018 –
19.0% "...what's with all the details of Daniel's worklife...is that going to come into play...why am I getting such details on the HR guy at his work...this seems odd..."
September 20, 2018 –
September 22, 2018 –
September 22, 2018 –
55.0% "Hello, Henry, the hot pilot... 💖"
September 25, 2018 –
October 4, 2018 –
66.0% "I love Max."
October 5, 2018 –
October 8, 2018 – Shelved as: arcs-read
October 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by LaMesha (new) - added it

LaMesha Sounds so interesting. I am so bombed that it doesn't come out until next year lol. Happy Reading.

megs_bookrack LaMesha wrote: "Sounds so interesting. I am so bombed that it doesn't come out until next year lol. Happy Reading." Thanks! I started last night right before bed and something really creepy happens right in the first chapter - I was like, perhaps I should have waited until morning to start... ;)

message 3: by LaMesha (new) - added it

LaMesha megs_bookrack wrote: "LaMesha wrote: "Sounds so interesting. I am so bombed that it doesn't come out until next year lol. Happy Reading." Thanks! I started last night right before bed and something really creepy happens..."

Hahahaha!!! Creepy & night time is a no no for me lol. I am usually left looking from side to side without moving my head. Hahaha.. I hope that you enjoy it.

megs_bookrack LaMesha wrote: "megs_bookrack wrote: "LaMesha wrote: "Sounds so interesting. I am so bombed that it doesn't come out until next year lol. Happy Reading." Thanks! I started last night right before bed and something..." Hahaha, so me last night! Plus I live alone so I was like, bad choice. Bad choice.

Christine I am starting this one today! Happy reading!

megs_bookrack Christine wrote: "I am starting this one today! Happy reading!" nice!! I hope you love it! The 1st chapter creeped me out- really strong start!

❤️ Paulette ""Happy Reading L💕ve 💙

megs_bookrack ❤️ Paulette wrote: """Happy Reading L💕ve 💙" thanks, Paulette!

❤️ Paulette megs_bookrack wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: """Happy Reading L💕ve 💙" thanks, Paulette!"

Always pleasure L💕ve 💙💋

Melissa Fantastic review, Meg! Strawser is one heck of a writer. Also, did you know this is actually categorized as a "women's fiction" novel and not a thriller?