Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Dreamsayer

Dreamsayer by Carrie Olguin

Dec 28, 2011

Jewel has lived a sheltered life as the Dreamsayer. Her job is to dream of disaster in order to prevent it. But as she feels herself slowly loose a grip on reality, and the horrors of her own death haunt her dreams, she seems willing to die.

Wolfe, though to be dead husband of Jewel, at first doesn’t know why he even cares what is going to happen to her, except he is drawn to her. Under an alias, he kidnaps her, hoping to save her from the unknown.

Because can Jewel and Wolfe escape what fate keeps placing her Jewel’s dreams or is this the end of the world for them?

I have read prior works by Ms. Olguin, and when I heard that this book was out, I jumped on it like a hungry dog on a bone, and for the most part, I was not disappointed. Jewel, at first, really seemed like a giant airhead, a bit too loopy for my taste. Then finally she seemed to mellow out. Wolfe was the most consistent character EVER! Which is not a bad thing. His constant desire/need to protect Jewel was to be expected, but the willing sacrifice he performed to ensure the safety definitely put him up on a high standards pedestal. Also, how his honor was a huge factor on what he did (and didn’t do) with Jewel was pretty hot.

You can be sure to feel the sexual tension with Wolfe and Jewel, though I wished that there had been a bit more of the romancing that was in the first book (boy, the first book was “steamy”… Which should make you want to read that book to understand!). Also there was a bit of a corny spot where Wolfe is called a “dangersayer”, and it was corny enough that Jewel giggled as she said it. One thing you can definitely count on in this book is that there is way more fighting action, mystery, and twists in this book than in the first book of the series.

Personally, I think the best thing about the whole book was getting to see and know the other planets and species in the Five World’s solar system. With everything from desert and sea to mountains and forests, you were sure to get a good idea on what the worlds were like. Also, you get a better introduction to the foods and cultural ideas of the people of the Five Worlds, which made it a very well-rounded story.

My only issue with the book was how many errors there were. Missing, misspelled, and wrong words were scattered throughout, and there were quite a few grammatical errors. Normally, I’ll bypass this issue in a review, but there were so many it was to the point that it was getting on my nerves and taking away from the story. As long as you can read through them, and not let your English Teacher OCD kick in, you should be good to go.

Overall, this was a very good book, and I do recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamsayer.