Joanna Larum's Reviews > Class of 2008

Class of 2008 by Patricia Asedegbega

This is a new author for me, so I haven't read the first book in the series but it was possible to read it as a stand alone.
Rosario belongs to a rich family in Spain but her life hasn't been easy. She suffered a bad marriage with an abuser but he is now in jail and Rosario is attempting to get her life back. Her cat, Balou, is an important part of her life and he gives his side of the story in little snatches between Rosario's narrative. It's an unusual way to write but it works very well. As a cat lover anyway, I can fully understand that Balou has important opinions!
Rosario's secretary, Pilar, goes to a class reunion with four girls from her schooldays. Instead of being an enjoyable occasion, Pilar realises that her 'friends' are as mean and sadistic as they were as teenagers and she ends the night in jail, accused of stealing a necklace from her hostess. Rosario and Balou work hard to prove her innocence and to find the real culprit.
The author's characters are very believable (haven't we all known people who never grow out of being a bully?) and the story rolls along, making the reader want to find out what happens next. For me, that is a sign of a good book and I would recommend this to all readers who enjoy a mystery.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Class of 2008.

September 3, 2018 – Started Reading