Jena Henry's Reviews > Sunrise Cabin

Sunrise Cabin by Stacey   Donovan

“This could be a Hallmark movie!” Well, yes it could, and I believe it will be! When you think of Hallmark stories, you think “warm, gentle, sweet, pure, love, hope, tears, hugs, smiles.” And that’s what this charming book delivers.

Paige and Dylan’s first encounter is at a local coffee shop in Denver. Their “meet-cute” is literally that because pretty Paige is so sweetly cute.

Paige lives in a log cabin close to town. She starts each day by standing on her patio and watching the sunrise and reviewing her gratitude list. She teaches first grade, makes her own clothes with hearts, pumpkins and other seasonal motifs, creates the most festive Hallowe’en displays and always looks on the bright side.

Dylan is a hard-driving investment banker who lives in a stark, modern downtown Denver loft. While he seems to be guided solely by a need for success, he has a solid, endearing side, too.

We get to know their friends and family who are all delightful people. A fireside first kiss promises a Happily Ever After. But then comes a complication which tests their relationship.

Too gooey and syrupy for you? Don’t even think that! Yes, Author Stacey Donovan sprinkles plenty of glitter and heart emojis throughout the story, but this is one of the best sweet romances I have ever read. The characters and settings are real and there is a genuine joy to be found in the pages. Plus, there’s a muffin recipe! Another entry into the Hallmark Hall of Fame- highly recommend!

Thanks to NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing for an ARC. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise Cabin.

September 6, 2018 – Shelved