Sulagna Mondal's Reviews > Tarikshir: The Awakening

Tarikshir by Khayaal Patel

25091913

bookshelves: owned-books

For full review go to http://www.diaryofabookgirl.in/2018/0...

Never expected this book to turn out to be such an interesting and incredible fantasy fiction. First of all, let me start with the plot. The book being based on something so fictional, while reading it, I constantly felt that this might be real. The author has beautifully crafted a world of demons and hidden powers surrounding the story of Ramayana, that it actually became difficult for me to realise that the book's story has nothing to do with Valmiki's epic, Ramayana.

Second comes the thrill. The book is a page turner. Well, not the whole book, but the second half of the book sure is.

The third aspect of the book that I liked are the characters. There are lots of characters in the book, it being a history based fantasy fiction, and each of them has their own individuality.

Now coming to the writing style of the book. It was perfect. It was plain perfect and I have no words to describe how mature it is. Readers do understand differences in between books which have been written by authors who have been writing for years and years and books which have been written by authors who just stepped into an author's shoes. Khayaal Patel's book belongs to the first category even though he's not. I don't want to compare the author with other authors but honestly speaking, if I read this book without knowing the author's name I would have easily thought that the author would be Amish or Ashwin Sanghi. The writing style and the vocabulary used in the book is beneficial to us readers. It is simply amazing how professionally the author blended strong words and yet managed to make the book a simple read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tarikshir.

September 5, 2018 – Shelved