Bex (Beckie Bookworm)'s Reviews > The Wolf King's Bride

The Wolf King's Bride by C.A. Worley

bookshelves: arc, book-reviews, fantasy, magic, paranormal, romance, royalty, shapeshifters, suspense

Copy of Copy of The Love Detective

5 Stars
Arc Book Review
Release Date-10/9/18

I have never read anything by this particular before but as this sounded so intriguing on paper I decided to take a chance and have a stab at it.
I am always a trifle nervous when trying on a new writer for size what with the whole will we be a fit and am I going to like this; especially when I also have to also write a review at the end of my experience.
I am extremely happy to report that I loved "The Wolf Kings Bride" like a whole lot and I will definitely be sticking around to read the next instalment in this fascinating new fantasy series.
So, this is a stand-alone love story with an extremely heartfelt HEA.
Each book in this series is cleverly interwoven to feature at its centre a different couple but all threads are connected together to form a much larger overall picture.
Here in this first instalment, we are introduced to this exciting new paranormal fantasy world and we get to learn about the separate powerful factions that together make up the lands of Imperium.
Elementals, Wolves, Demons and vampires.
In "The Wolf Kings Bride" the story itself centres on Kellan Wolf King Of The North and his fated mate Nora; the daughter to Edward king of the Elementals.
Almost instantly here I was invested in the larger picture.
Fabulous centre characters combined with romance, intrigue and action make this such an incredibly easy read to lose and immerse yourself in.
This story played out against such a rich creative backdrop assisting in the overall ambience almost transporting me away to a whole new dimension.
This in itself really helped to set the scene so splendidly here.
This has so much to offer in terms of content and I was so invested here that I managed to read this book in one complete sitting.
I adored Kellan; if I'm honest he was my favourite, he had just the right amount of adorability crossed with his Alpha tendencies and I was hooked line and sinker on his brash bashfulness.
Nora for the most part I liked; she did have some slight annoyances to her nature that bugged me at times but I overlooked this slightly as I really did devour everything else about this story.
She eventually did see the light and overcome this so all was good in the end.
I also really liked where we left things here and can't wait to see what direction this series will take us next.
I believe next up we have Nora's sister Eden and the Heartless King (King of the vampires) I really can't wait.
This one gets a wholehearted seal of approval from moi, Ive been reading a lot of dark stories lately and it made such a delicious change to just kick back and feel the love for once and this is one tale that delivers on that softer emotion in spades but while still also managing to fulfil fully on all else.
Thank you to the author for providing me with an ARC of "The Wolf King's Bride (Fate of Imperium, #1)" of which I have reviewed voluntary.
All opinions expressed here are entirely my own.

download.jpg

Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm.
www.beckiebookworm.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf King's Bride.

September 5, 2018 – Shelved
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: royalty
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: shapeshifters
September 6, 2018 – Shelved as: suspense
September 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ I wonder if these authors realize how many books your reviews sell. Well, to me anyways.

Sounds like something right up my alley and for only .99? Pre-ordered!

Thanks Bex!

~Merrideth Hawk ~Filthy Fahrenheit Book Blog~ Loved the review too 💕definitely took advantage of the .99c pre-order!

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Karen (Mess) wrote: "I wonder if these authors realize how many books your reviews sell. Well, to me anyways.

Sounds like something right up my alley and for only .99? Pre-ordered!

Thanks Bex!"

Your welcome Karen and thanks I really did adore this one it was just so Aw, while still being Ohhh 😉
And yes such a fab price hope you enjoy hunni 😘

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) ~Merrideth Hawk wrote: "Loved the review too 💕definitely took advantage of the .99c pre-order!"

Thanks, Merrideth hope you like it enjoy 😄

Aisling Zena Fab review Bex! :)

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Thank you Zena 😘

message 7: by Mei (new)

Mei Great review, Bex!
It seems similar to other books I've read... Does it remind you of any other?

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Thanks Mei: Can’t really think off the
Top of my head maybe it’s been quite a while since I read this type of story I will have a muse on it 😘