Kristin's Reviews > Becoming Mrs. Lewis: A Novel

Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan

bookshelves: audiobooks

I really enjoyed this! C.S. Lewis has been one of my favorite authors since I was about 15. I thought I knew a decent amount about his personal life and his marriage but apparently I didn't! There was so much here that surprised me and I'm wanting to learn more and do more research now.

I liked Joy well enough. Sometimes she made decisions that puzzled me or that I didn't agree with but overall I found her to be a sympathetic and likable character. (view spoiler) It took me a while to start seeing Jack as a real person other than this mythical genius author that I apparently pictured him as, ha.

This book made me so excited to delve back into Lewis' work, something I've been wanting to do anyway, and to reread all those books that I haven't read in years. And maybe to even check out some of Joy's work too?

I wasn't crazy about the audiobook narrator, and with this particular book I felt like I was occasionally missing things and would have to rewind. I definitely want to get a physical copy and reread it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming Mrs. Lewis.

September 5, 2018 – Shelved