Christie Cote's Reviews > Significance

bookshelves: e-books, favorites
Read from January 08 to 12, 2012

Significance by Shelly Crane
★★★★★

Maggie had a rough year after her mother abandoned her family. Her dad had checked out of her life, and her longtime boyfriend had dumped her to make it easier when he left for college. Maggie was ready to graduate and be done with school. She had no idea how much her life was about to change by saving someone’s life when they were about to walk in front of traffic without paying attention. This is where she found her soul-mate, and her life became a whole lot more complicated.

This was a great love story. I am a hopeless romantic, but I don’t read romance novels. I love stories that have to do with more than just romance, but also have some romance in them. This was a love story, but not a traditional one in my eyes. There was also more to the story than two people meeting and falling in love. Caleb and Maggie became soul-mates when they touched, but that didn't automatically make them love each other. Wanting each other (lust) and loving each other are two different things. It made it more interesting that they couldn't physically live without each other, or they would get really sick. I enjoyed the extremes of becoming soul-mates and thought it made the story more interesting.

This story captured me in its beautiful world. I had to keep turning the pages to find out what would happen. When I finished the last page of the book I needed more. The author did an amazing job creating a world that I did not want to leave. I loved the characters and felt like I knew them.

When Shelly Crane contacted me and asked me to read and review her book, I read the synopsis and was excited because it sounded great and like something I would love. Here is my thank-you to the author, because I absolutely loved this book. I’m still thinking about the story and characters and cannot wait to get my hands on Accordance, the next book in the series. I have been seriously tempted to abandon all other books I need to review and read it. I will be reading the rest of the books in this series and other books by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Significance.

Quotes Christie Liked

Shelly Crane
“I saw something in you that I couldn't live without. I chose you, inside of me, and you chose me. It's not one sided, it only works when both people choose the other. You are perfect for me in every way.”
Shelly Crane, Significance