Dee Montoya's Reviews > Touching Down

Touching Down by C.J. Martín

4.5 Stars*****

I love discovering new authors, and I especially love it when the book turns out to be amazing. C.J Martín’s writing style is very unique, it has a lot of heart, and it's impossible not to feel it traveling through your senses, like a beautiful song.

I found Touching Down to be a very heartwarming story. The characters and the story had many layers, and as I read I found myself falling in love with both the story and the author.

photo 36DE0358-2CC2-4778-A300-1A7EC0EDD8C9_zpsqqv4echr.jpg

Jax is a college football star. He lives and breathes football, nothing else matters to him. Until one day, he meets a beautiful girl inside the men’s locker room. Jax is not one to be obsessed or to be unexplainable interested in girls; only because they throw themselves at him on the daily, but this girl is different and he can’t wait to find out more about her.

Brooklyn is an artist, and she’s been commissioned a project with the school’s football team. She much rather be home, eating junk food and watching Netflix than to be painting for a bunch of hot jocks, but her teacher is practically forcing her to complete this project. When she meets Jax Walker and then he shows interest in her, she can hardly believe it, the man is a walking work of art, but even if she believed or accepted his advances, she could never be with him, her dark secrets would never let her.

Little by little Jax breaks down Brooklyn’s walls, but once he discovers her dark truths will he stay, or would he leave her broken-hearted just like everyone else in her life?

I loved everything about this book, I was so pleasantly surprised to have loved it as much as I did. The writing style of this author is superb, her story craft impeccable and the characters totally unforgettable. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to all my friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching Down.

September 4, 2018 – Shelved
September 16, 2018 – Shelved as: h-o-t
September 16, 2018 – Shelved as: hot-alpha-male
September 16, 2018 – Shelved as: kick-ass-awesome-heroine
September 16, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS I love a sports romance, love the cover and love your review, Dee!! You sure sold me ;)

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Montoya Awwww thank you Kas! This book is awesome, I hope you love it as much as I did.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Oh la la review Dee! = D xx